Technique: The Smoky Eye Look
Another look you might enjoy is the ever popular “smoky eye look”. The smoky eye has become a classic eyeshadow look that is great for a night out on the town, special occasions and, if paired with the right outfit, even appropriate for business. Obtaining this highly sought after look isn't as difficult as it might appear and with a little practice you will soon be able to complete this look in just a couple of minutes. Of course, it is important to note that you should always use neutral colors on the lips if you want to do a dramatic eyeshadow look like the smoky eye.
There are five easy steps to getting the smoking hot smoky eye look:
1. You should start with a black, dark grey or chocolate brown eyeliner. Line the entire eye all the way around the top and bottom.
2. Next, use an eyeliner brush with an eye shadow in a deep color similar to the eye liner you chose. Trace the eye shadow over the eyeliner about 75% of the way from the outer corner in on both the top and bottom.
3. Use a highlight eye shadow color in white, cream or light gold and trace the inner corner of the eyeliner just slightly below the darker eyeliner.
4. Use a neutral shadow all over the eyelid and under the brow. Then make a sideways "V" on the outer corner of the eye with the deep eye shadow color and finish with just a hint of the highlight color beneath your eyebrows.
5. Finish with two coats of mascara and viola you have the “smoky eye look”.